If you are a friend of mine on the FB or have “liked” the FB business page, you might have noticed I’ve been posting a bunch of photos of two very handsome Great Danes lately. Well, I was lucky enough to get to spend an entire week with them (while their folks went to get hitched in St. Lucia), and although they are a lot of work, I had the best time. You might also remember the last time I dog sat. YES, YES, YES, you leave me home alone with your dogs I will dress them up, or at least try to. So when my client asked me if I would dog sit for her, I automatically started thinking of “outfits”. I wanted Neko, the big boy, to wear glasses and a tie and Naya, the “little” princess, hat and scarf. Of course a trip to the local thrift store was in order. Well . . . what I wanted and what I got was a bit different but you get the idea. Something might not be all the way right with me, but I just love to dress dogs.
10 Things I have learned about Danes this week:
1. you don’t have to bend over to pet and or kiss them
2. they really don’t eat as much as everyone thinks
3. they play rough, but tire quickly
4. their head/tail can be lethal
5. wearing flip-flops while walking them is a bad idea, actually wearing flip-flops around them period
6. they are not built for speed and have no spacial awareness
7. they are totally goofy
8. they have the coolest white fur spots on their paws
9. they have a super deep mean scary bark
10. they are basically giant lap dogs and grown men and scared of them :O)
So for a week I got to hang with Naya & Neko. Together they weight almost 300 lbs. and both slept with me all week. I loved that I got to wake up to these giant faces every morning. Neko is a European Great Dane so he has this huge square head and huge floppy ears and is not even two yet. Naya is 2 and a half and is an American Dane, and even though she is still very large she is so gentle and proper. Oh and she LOVES to watch TV, cutest thing I’ve ever seen. She stands right in front of it, and her favorite channel is the Animal Network (go figure). In summary, they only tried to kill me ONE time, and Neko only ate ONE pair of my shoes, and put his head through ONE window pane. All in all I would say it was a successful week.
couple more to show off Neko’s GIANT paws . . .
and watching Mommy & Daddy’s live wedding broadcast from St. Lucia :O)
I really did have too much fun with them :O) Happy weekend everyone!